The Delegate Committees advise and carry out studies about specific items proposed to the Faculty Board, having the right to propose solutions and/or adopt relevant resolutions.
All the Committees have been updated and ratified during the Faculty Board meeting on 23 October 2018.
The Delegate Committees of the Faculty of Biology are the following:
|Mercedes Gallardo Medina (Dean)||President|
|Emilio Gil Martín (Secretary)||Secretary|
|Pilar Molist García (Dept. C01)||Teaching and Research Staff (PDI) Member|
|Josefa Garrido González (Dept. C04)||PDI Member (civil servant).|
|Armando Caballero Rúa (Dept. C03)||PDI Member (civil servant).|
|Esther Barreal Modroño (Dept. C02)||PDI Member (non civil servant).|
|Montserrat Pestaña Nieto||Administration and Services Staff Member|
|Jesús Nicolás Díaz Barbosa||Student Council Member|
|Adrián Melón Raña||Student Council Member|
The Permanent Committee has the following competences:
- To assess, assist and propose solutions to those issues that the Dean or the Faculty Board submits to its consideration.
- To decide on issues of routine or on those that the Faculty delegates on its role. If any of the members consider that the issue is not a matter of routine, the Faculty board has to deal with the issue.
|Emilio Gil Martín (Secretary; Dean’s delegate)||President|
|Elena Benito Rueda||PDI Member|
|Angel Pérez Diz||PDI Member|
|Carmen Sieiro Vázquez||PDI Member|
|Eduardo Gallardo Ortega||PAS Member|
|Iván Outomuro Mariño||Student Council Member|
|Laura Blanco Lemos||Student Council Member|
The Teaching and Validation Committee has the following functions:
- To act as a mediator in order to solve problems in all matters relating to reaching.
- Propoñer á Xunta de Facultade o calendario de exames oficiais.
- To ensure that both schedules and theoretical and practical contents in the different subjects taught at the Faculty, are in accordance with the current study plans, in collaboration with the coordinators of the year.
- To establish, in collaboration with the coordinators of the course, a communication channel between the teaching staff for the planning and the development of the teaching.
- To inform about the partial validation requests of studies to the Faculty Board for processing at the Government Committee.
- Informar sobre as solicitudes de validación parcial de estudos á Xunta de Facultade, para ser tramitadas á Comisión de Goberno.
- Any other function related to teaching, in case it is competence of the Faculty Board and this one delegates to the Committee.
|Mercedes Gallardo Medina (Dean)||Committee coordinator|
|Jesús M. Míguez Miramontes (Deputy Dean)||Secretary|
|Luis González Rodríguez||PDI Member|
|Manuel Megías Pacheco||PDI Member|
|Fuencisla Mariño Callejo||PDI Member|
|Paloma Morán Martínez||PDI Member|
|Adrián Melón Raña||Student Council Member|
|Sara Isabel Fernández Pazos||Student Council Member|
The End-of-degree Project Committee has the following functions:
- To manage all the process related to the End-of-degree Project.
- To ensure the effective application of the regulations of the Faculty of Vigo and of the general regulations of the University of Vigo.
|Manuel Ángel Pombal Diego (Deputy Dean; Dean’s delegate)||President|
|María Luisa Castro Cerceda||PDI Member|
|Nuria Pedrol Bonjoch||PDI Member|
|Montserrat Pestaña Nieto||PAS Member|
|Daniel Diz Torrado||Student Council Member|
|Ana Rodríguez Fernández||Student Council Member|
|Sara Vila Almuíña||Student Council Member|
The Cultural Activities Committee has the following functions:
- To coordinate and promote any type of activity linked to the culture and leisure. This is aimed to the University community and the society.
- To coordinate the management of the budget allocated to these activities or other issues related to this committee.
They make concrete functions of the academic area and they are regulated by specific university normatives for the function they have to carry out..
Degree Clearing Committee
|Mercedes Gallardo Medina (Decano)||President|
|Manuel Ángel Pombal Diego||PDI Member – Incumbent 1|
|Isabel Pardo Gamundi||PDI Member – Incumbent 2|
|Castor Muñoz Sobrino||PDI Member – Incumbent 3|
|Jesús M. Míguez Miramontes||PDI Member – Deputy 1|
|Josefa Garrido González||PDI Member – Deputy 2|
|José Faro Rivas||PDI Member – Deputy 3|
|Xena del Carmen Pérez Alonso||Student Council Member – Incumbent|
|David Rocha Grandal||Student Council Member – Deputy 1|
The Degree Clearing Committee has the following functions:
- To accomplish the clearing evaluation process of the students of the Degree in Biology following the instructions established for this procedure by the Vice rectory for students.
Court awarding the Extraordinary End of the Degree Awards
(named by the Faculty Board on October 23, 2018)
President: Armando Caballero Rúa
Secretary: Castor Muñoz Sobrino
Spokeperson: Pilar Molist García