Previous information to the registration about access and admission
The recommended admission profile would be the one of those students from Baccalaureate (scientific or technological area) who had passed the exam that gives access to university, and those with the degree of Higher Technician from the Senior Cycle of Vocational Education from the scientific and sanitary area. Likewise, the access of university graduates with a scientific-technical profile is valued. The Degree in Biology requires the student to have a series of abilities, knowledge and personal characteristics to ease the adaptation to the studies.
Because of this, the future student of biology should:
- Have a wide knowledge of basic sciences: physics, chemistry, mathematics and biology. It is recommended to have knowledge in geology and english, at the level of understanding at least.
- Express adequately orally and writing.
- Have interest in themes related to the nature and curiosity in knowing the living beings and their vital process, as well as concerning about environmental problems.
- Have the capacity of observation and analysis, motivation for field and laboratory research, discipline of study and being able to be an active part of the learning teaching process by concerning about the quality and motivation for the compliance of objectives.
Number of offered vacancies: 75
The Royal Decree 1892/2008, 14th November, modified by the Royal Decree 558/2010, governs the conditions for the access to official university teaching of Degree and the procedures of admission to the Spanish public universities. In those normatives it is established that the following groups are allowed to access to university teaching:
- Students in possession of the degree in Secondary School that had passed the access exam to university: articles 37 and 50.2 of the Organic Law 2/2006, 3rd May, of Education.
- Students from educational systems of member states or other states that Spain has international deals with: article 38.5 of the Organic Law 2/2006, 3rd May, of Education.
- Estudantes procedentes de sistemas educativos estranxeiros, previa solicitude de homologación do título de orixe ao título español de Bacharelato.
- Students in possession of the degrees of Higher Technician corresponding to teaching of Vocational Education and Artistic Education or Higher Sport Technician from Sport Education: articles 44, 53 and 65 of the Organic Law 2/2006, 3rd May, of Education.
- People over the age of 25: Organic Law 6/2001, 21st December, of Universities.
- People who prove its job or professional experience, according to the article 42.4 of the Organic Law 6/2001, 21st December, in the composition given for the Organic Law 4/2007, 12nd April, that modifies the previous law.
- People over the age of 45: article 42.4 of the Organic Law 6/2001, 21st December, in the composition given for the Organic Law 4/2007, 12nd April, that modifies the previous law.
- University graduates: people in possession of an official university Degree or equivalent; in possession of an official university License, Technical Architect, Technical Engineer, Lawyer, Architect, Engineer, corresponding to the previous arrangement of university teaching or equivalent; people who had taken partial university studies abroad or that couldn’t obtain its recognition in Spain and want to continue that studies in a Spanish university will be able to access. In the last case, it is essential that the university recognises at least 30 credits.
- Recoñecementos de creditos do grao no SUG
- Normative of transfer and recognition of credits of the University of Vigo
- Normative of recognition of credits for activities in Degrees: university activities, culture, sport, student representation, solidarity and cooperative.
- Catalog of recognition of credits of Higher Cycle of Vocational Education
- Issue of the European Supplement to the Degree